Richard de Crundale
architect; d. 1292 or 1293.
Richard de Crundale built, and probably designed, the Eleanor Cross which was situated in the village of Charing, now the region called Charing Cross in London. After his death the work was continued by Roger de Crundale. Richard de Crundale did the marble work of the monument of Queen Eleanor in the chapel of Edward the Confessor in Westminster Abbey, and was employed on the works at the palace of Westminster.