Nicoḷ di Piero Lamberti (surnamed Pela)
sculptor and architect; d. about 1420.
According to Vasari, Nicoḷ was a pupil of a Sienese sculptor named Moccio, at Arezzo, Italy. He made at Florence two statues of prophets for the Campanile, and began the decoration of the southern portal of the cathedral called Porta della Mandorla (1402-1408), continued by Antonio di Banco and his son Nanni d'Antonio di Banco. Called sometimes Nicoḷ Aretino.