Gabriel le Duc
architect; d. 1704.
Le Duc studied in Rome. On his return to Paris he was associated with Le Muet, who, after 1654, was made architect in chief of the church and monastery of Val-de-Grāce, Paris. Le Duc succeeded Le Muet about 1658, and built the vaults, the dome, all the upper part of the building, and carried out the detail of the interior. In building the dome he is supposed to have followed the design of Francois Mansart. Many of his most important buildings have been destroyed.