The revival of Architecture about the middle of the fifteenth century
1. General plan of the Church of St. Laurence, commenced in 1425, constructed from the design of Philip Brunelleschi, and finished after his death, in 1444. At the angles the transepts are placed, on the left, the ancient sacristy, build by Jean de Medicis; and on the right, the new sacristy, called the Chapel of the Princes, built in 1520 by order of Leo X, from the designs of Michael Angelo; the plan and section are given pl. 59.
2. Longitudinal section of this church; the nave is decorated with Corinthian columns.