Quondam: a "playground"
...Quondam should henceforth be something that a real museum is not or cannot be. There is a long footnote re: muse in Homo Ludens that is very inspiring as to what a virtual museum could be.
00082201.db Working Title Museum 002 model
00082202.db Working Title Museum 003 model
Just did a side by side chronological overview of the work of Gehry and Eisenman, and in terms of architectonic, geometrical experimentation, Gehry manifests a greater and more mature repertoire.
Eisenman goes through a lot of intellectual and theoretical rigor to ultimately arrive at his geometry, but Gehry simply demonstrates that the intellectual and theoretical rigor isn't even necessary when it come to unprecedented architectonic geometries.
The only reason Eisenman's approach gets respect is because it fits well into 'higher' education. To have students pay large amounts of money to then learn that, "Hey, just look at Gehry, you can design pretty much anyway you want these days." just wouldn't go over well.
09082201 ICM Porta Septimiana
12082201 Mikveh PMP axonometrics perspectives
Lego House in Billund, Denmark, begins construction by laying giant Lego brick–shaped foundation stones
The building is neither sculptural nor a folly.
1. the art or practice of shaping figures or designs in the round or in relief, as by chiseling marble, modeling clay, or casting in metal
1. unreason: thoughtlessness, recklessness, or thoughtless or reckless behavior
2. irrational thing: a thoughtless or reckless act or idea
3. eccentric building: a building of eccentric or overelaborate design, usually built for decorative rather than practical purposes
The building is a museum and, like LEGOs themselves, architectonic.
1. of architecture or architectural qualities: relating to architecture or the qualities such as design and structure that architecture requires
Architects can now be held liable for building defects, rules California Supreme Court
"Oh, that's not my architect. That's my legal loop-hole. And the cheapest legal loop-hole at that. Worth every penny, literally."
Screen/Print #21: Log 31, "New Ancients"
Does "What Kinds of Copies?" give any credit to Quondam's HQ of DATA as first featured here at archinect/forum within "The Official Paradigm Shift Thread" mid-May 2008?
as of 2008.05.05
HQ of DATA
Department of Architectural Theory Annexation
(in less than 40 kb)
"Hey, do you mind taking a picture of me in front of a paradigm shift on top of a paradigm shift."
The Venturi building most inspired by Kahn put into the actual building by Kahn that inspired Venturi.