Richard Poor
He was bishop of Salisbury (England) from 1217 to 1228. He removed the cathedral and its offices from the old fortress of Sarum to a plot of ground called Merrifield, where, on April 28, 1220, the foundations of the existing church were begun. On Michaelmas Day, 1225, the church was sufficiently advanced for the celebration of divine service. In 1228 he was transferred to Durham.




Quondam © 2016.12.27