1876


Paul Blondel
architect ; b. January 6, 1847 ; d. April 18, 1897.
He entered the École des Beaux Arts in 1864. He won the Premier Grand Prix de Rome in 1876. After his return from Rorne he was appointed inspecteur des bâtiments civils and architect of the Cour de Cassation. He succeeded Edmond Guillaume as architect of the Louvre and the Tuileries.



Le Blanc-Granger, Peacock Throne in the Moorish Kiosk (Linderhof, Bavaria: 1876).



Georg von Dollmann, Hunding's Lodge (Linderhof, Bavaria: 1876).

In association with Semper, Karl Freiherr von Hasenauer designed at Vienna the Museums of Art and Natural History, built between 1872 and 1884.



Henry Pettit and Joseph M. Wilson, Main Exhibition Building (Philadelphia: International Exposition of 1876, 1876).



Herman Schwarzmann, Horticulture Hall (Philadelphia: International Exposition of 1876, 1876).



James Windrim, Agriculture Hall (Philadelphia: International Exposition of 1876, 1876).


Herman Schwarzmann, Memorial Hall (Philadelphia: International Exposition of 1876, 1874-76), images: 1998.10.30.

««««

»»»»


3736b 3756cf
www.quondam.com/18/1876.htm

Quondam © 2017.01.23