Stephen Lauf, Museum of Architecture (Venice: 5th year studio project, 1980).
The site of the museum was the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, on the land immediately behind the Palladian church of the same name.
Along with a straight-forward program of exhibition, administration, education and storage spaces, the museum was to house three somewhat monumental pieces of architecture moved from other parts of Italy--the Arch of Constantine, the facade of Santa Maria Novella, and the Porta Pia.
Arch of Constantine (Rome: 315).
Alberti, Santa Maria Novella (Florence: facade, 1456-70).
Michelangelo, Porta Pia (Rome: 1562).